Tuesday, March 10, 2009

St. George Get Away

We went to St. George for the weekend and it was the BEST!
The weather was nice... Just relaxing really. I loved it. We drove down on Saturday night.
Sadley, there weren't any rooms available at our time share that night so we ended up staying at the Sands Motel! YIKES!!! It was so scary and gross. But cheap. :) Oh well, fortunately it was only one night. The other nights there were rooms available at our time share.
The next day we met up with Matt and Amy and their family to go hiking.
We went to Snow Canyon. It was awesome. Great easy hikes and the weather was perfect.
Amy and Carrie
Our family :) at the petrified dunes.

The Beatty Family and Brandon popping into the picture. Sneaky
Me :)

Brandon and Mills
Matt and Brandon sitting on a ledge with the kids.
I love this new cheesy face Amelia pulls for pictures :)
Milly sitting on a bench just a cute picture.
Brandon and Amelia at the Jacob Hamblin Home. We went on a tour it was fun.
We then went to see Brigham Young's Winter Home and took a tour.
Brandon and Amelia walking in the yard.
The front of the house.
Having fun at the play ground. Before Amelia took a nose dive into the ground. Sad day.
Just reading while driving. :)
The beautiful St. George Temple. I love it.
On the way home we stopped by an old mining town. Silver Reef. Most everything is gone now.
Except the Wells Fargo building which is now an art gallery
and muesum, and some crumbling walls.


11 comments:

Justin and Coralie said...

It looks like so much fun! What a cute little family :)

Amy Beatty said...

I glad you guys made it over to that house. Was it way cute. I wanted it just from the drive by. I miss you already. lets get back together shall we? xo

mattbeatty said...

Hey, good weekend. It really was fun, and sad to have to leave you guys at that luxurious resort. I wanted some swimming, especially after coming back here and being bombarded by snow. I really loved Snow Canyon. Especially the little sojourn Brandon and I went on, of course.

Alisa said...

Carrie I never knew you like hiking so much. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Chelsea said...

It look like a blast. I love the picture of Amelia on the slide - so cute!

Bret and Amy said...

You guys always have way to much fun! I'm happy for you.

The Carter Family said...

We use to live super close to the hamblin home!!! Amelia is so cute, love the cheesy grin, Camden does the same thing, I wonder where they get it haha and you guys were very brave to stay at the sands haha I'm glad you made it out alive haha :)

Heather said...

love your adventurous spirit!

glad you got to sneak away~

The Carter Family said...

My mom had told me a few things that you two were talking about, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a meany weeny baby! I wonder what it is?! I thought this wasn't supposed to happen UNTIL two! haha well, maybe we can get it done and over with before two haha Camden gets so mad when we tell him not to do anything, or not right now, he does this yell/grunt thing haha I'll have to bring him in sometime because I'm sure he'd do it haha it is funny though, sometimes when andrew and I have to tell him no we're fighting back laughing because his reaction is so funny! They need to play again sometime! Maybe when it gets nice again and you're off work we'll have to meet at a park or something so they can play! Camden would love that

Chris and Hilary said...

Jealous!! That looks like so much fun!

Missy said...

Don't you just love vacations? The best part is just being away together as a family. Life is so busy with work, school, church...it's nice to break away sometimes, even if it's just for a few days.